Thursday, May 17, 2018

Dear People Who Think Israel is Wrong About Gaza - by Laura Ben-David

...Please tell me. Perhaps if I can understand the situation in the same alternate reality as you see it then I can join you in criticizing my country for doing whatever it can to protect me and my family.

Laura Ben-David..
16 May '18..
TY Laura for reposting permission





Dear People Who Think Israel is Wrong About Gaza,

Many of my own friends are among you; I truly want to know: How are you seeing something so different than what I see? Where does our understanding diverge?

Do you believe that we are wrong to defend our borders?

Or is it that you believe that thousands of people trying to breach the border with explosives, meat cleavers and other weapons and devices are ‘unarmed’?

Or do you not believe Hamas when they pay(!) people to get hurt or even killed in their malicious attempts to attack Israel?

Perhaps you are an expert in International Law and in the specific actions of the IDF so that you can accuse and convict an entire army and people of breaking international laws and conventions in their defensive actions done to protect not only their own lives but the lives of the families living as close as a mile from the mob that has their sights on them?

Or maybe you're a military strategist? What would you suggest be done when thousands of people incited to hate and KILL were trying to breach YOUR border with your own family huddled minutes away on foot? How would you manage to protect them from tens of thousands of violent armed rioters?


Are you an expert in your own country’s military strategies? Could you say with certainty that under the same circumstances there would not be many more casualties from a likely much more aggressive action?

Or perhaps you are seeing the violent rioters with machetes and explosives as peaceful protesters similar to those carrying signs and megaphones? How, may I ask, have you been able to understand something that IS as something that it absolutely isn’t?

Please tell me. Perhaps if I can understand the situation in the same alternate reality as you see it then I can join you in criticizing my country for doing whatever it can to protect me and my family.

Until then, I’ll just continue sharing the truth about Hamas and Gaza and I’d really appreciate it if you took the time to try and understand it too...

Laura Ben-David


Updates throughout the day at http://calevbenyefuneh.blogspot.com. If you enjoy "Love of the Land", please be a subscriber. Just put your email address in the "Subscribe" box on the upper right-hand corner of the page.Twitter updates at LoveoftheLand as well as our Love of the Land page at Facebook which has additional pieces of interest besides that which is posted on the blog. Also check-out This Ongoing War by Frimet and Arnold Roth. An excellent blog, very important work. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment