Thursday, July 7, 2016

(Excellent) Hallel Ariel OR When Boarding A Bus Gets Political - by Sheri Oz

...And there, on a table in the living room, were a number of bottles from the family vineyard, some of which had been bottled with Hallel’s help only the day before her murder. Rina asked that we remember Hallel when we bless the wine. I am not religious but I will certainly say a blessing before I drink from this bottle. It would not feel right not to.

Sheri Oz..
Israel Diaries..
06 July '16..

I bought a bottle of wine yesterday. Not just any bottle of wine. A bottle of wine from the Ariel B’Yehuda Vineyard that, as Rina Ariel said, “has Hallel’s fingerprints still on it.” You see, I hopped on the train in Haifa yesterday morning and made my way out to the Ariel house in Kiryat Arba, where the family is sitting shiva for their 13 year-old daughter who was murdered in her bed last Thursday morning by a Muslim terrorist. Rina asked for people to come from around the country. So I did.

There I was, a secular Jew from Haifa, travelling almost 4 hours to spend a few moments with a bereaved family in Kiryat Arba, a place that is vilified by most Israelis who dress like I do, who grew up like I did, and who marched with Peace Now and demonstrated in front of the jail where Abie Natan was held so many years ago.

(Continue to Full Post)

Updates throughout the day at http://calevbenyefuneh.blogspot.com. If you enjoy "Love of the Land", please be a subscriber. Just put your email address in the "Subscribe" box on the upper right-hand corner of the page.Twitter updates at LoveoftheLand as well as our Love of the Land page at Facebook which has additional pieces of interest besides that which is posted on the blog. Also check-out This Ongoing War by Frimet and Arnold Roth. An excellent blog, very important work. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment