Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ahmadinejad And My Sukkah


Media Backspin/Honest Reporting
01 October 09

While the US meets with the Iranians who want to reduce my neighbhorhood to glow-in-the-dark ash, I'm spending the week in an unsealed, anything-but-reinforced sukkah I built with my five-year-old son.

The hut's as high-tech as any extension cord, 60 watt lightbulb and electric timer can be on a dusty Jerusalem driveway.

One favorite sukkah activity is when the light's off and the kids asleep. Glass of wine in hand, I sit in the cool, quiet, night air and gaze up through the roof at the stars above. There's hardly a thought of arrogant messianic Persian autocrats, Western apologists, or fickle international opinion.

I'll be back and blogging with a vengeance after Sukkot, which for me is Sunday, October 11. A happy holiday to our readers.
.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to stumble into your blog - enjoy your chag! I blog in a similar fashion at http://aineretzacheret.blogspot.com/

    We are coming to Shiloh for the first time today - never been there and looking forward to it!

    Romi

    ReplyDelete