Wednesday, August 27, 2014

When Hamas puts on a victory show

...Arthur leaves, but not before the amputated knight calls after him, "Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!" I also recalled an Arab proverb that Professor Moshe Sharon taught me: "Get off me! My neck is red from the beating I gave you."

Dror Eydar..
Israel Hayom..
27 August '14..

Watching the blood festivities in ravaged Gaza, I was reminded of what I wrote three weeks ago about the image of victory: even if Gaza were completely razed and a single half-dead Hamas fighter remained, he would crawl out of the ruins and make a victory sign. For Hamas, the very war against us is a victory for them, what they live for.

In the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," King Arthur encounters the Black Knight, who doesn't allow him to cross a bridge. During their struggle, Arthur cuts off the knight's arms, but the knight won't admit defeat. Armless, he continues to leap about and declare his certain triumph. When his legs are cut off, too, and his torso is lying on the ground, he mutters, "All right, we'll call it a draw."

Arthur leaves, but not before the amputated knight calls after him, "Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!"




I also recalled an Arab proverb that Professor Moshe Sharon taught me: "Get off me! My neck is red from the beating I gave you."

Because this is the truth -- the Gazans know perfectly well what their situation is. They look around and see what's missing and who isn't there. So they aren't happy about the victory -- it's only a ruse. They are happy about the cease-fire they desperately pleaded for. The cease-fire that was rejected time and again because of pressure by Khaled Mashaal and the bunch of trash in Qatar, until Hamas in Gaza took action and told Mashaal that they had had it with the Israeli strikes.

Link: http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_opinion.php?id=9779

Updates throughout the day at http://calevbenyefuneh.blogspot.com. If you enjoy "Love of the Land", please be a subscriber. Just put your email address in the "Subscribe" box on the upper right-hand corner of the page.Twitter updates at LoveoftheLand as well as our Love of the Land page at Facebook which has additional pieces of interest besides that which is posted on the blog. Check-it out!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment