This Ongoing War..
05 August '12..
Ali Larijani is an important man, an Iranian philosopher, politician and the current chairman of the Parliament of Iran. We last blogged about his blood-curdling political predictions in June 2012 [our posting].
At various times, he has been described as
- "a more moderate conservative" [Chicago Tribune, June 12, 2012] compared with Ahmedinejad
- "a moderate politician" [Financial Times, London - May 2012]
- "a relative moderate" [Baltimore Sun, 2007]
- "a loquacious 55-year-old regime insider... seen as close to Iran’s supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, who has in recent years curbed Ahmadinejad’s authority" [Al Arabiya, May 28, 2012].
The loquacious, moderate insider says today [source] that "the fire set ablaze in Syria will burn the panicked Zionists." He is quoted at length in the official Iranian Republic News Agency mouthpiece website, Irna.ir, saying a few additional moderate things, particularly about the ongoing slaughter going on in Syria which is being done with the active participation of Iranian men and material:
- "Though Zionists kept bluffing in the past few days, their fear is quite apparent from their tone."
- "The resignation of the United Nations special envoy in Syrian affairs Kofi Annan together with the ceaseless trend of the US officials’ visits to the region, their contacts with the regional politicians and their military support just prove the failure of international hooligans."
- "The intervention of the US officials in Syrian affairs is nothing but a part of their global adventurism."
- "There was still hope that the US possessed a minimum of wisdom but after the developments in Iraq and Lebanon the hope totally faded away."
We're not rushing to review what the immoderate Iranians are saying today.
Updates throughout the day at http://calevbenyefuneh.blogspot.com. If you enjoy "Love of the Land", please be a subscriber. Just put your email address in the "Subscribe" box on the upper right-hand corner of the page.Twitter updates at LoveoftheLand as well as our Love of the Land page at Facebook.