For those who are home, and for those who are on the way. For those who support the historic and just return of the land of Israel to its people, forever loyal to their inheritance, and its restoration.
Monday, July 30, 2012
Low Intensity Peace: Scenes from the front lines
This Ongoing War..
30 July '12..
The chronology below picks up from our previous posting of Tuesday, July 24, 2012 [here]. Both are based on information received via on the Tayar Security Report, as edited and annotated by us. Yehudit Tayar creates her invaluable bulletins from first-responder, police and army reports.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
- Near Bet Umar and Halhul on the Gush Etzion-Hebron road: Local Arabs launch a rock-throwing attack on an IDF patrol and on civilian vehicles
- The Jewish community of Hebron: Palestinian Arabs attack IDF soldiers and Jewish civilians with cement blocks. In the city’s Avraham Avinu quarter, soldiers manning an IDF post come under cement block attack by Arabs
Friday, July 27, 2012
- Tel Romeida: A Jewish resident of Hebron came under attack by Arabs when he went to immerse himself in the ancient ritual bath of the Tel Romeida Spring. [Similar circumstances to those of the July 19 attack we reported here – it happened again.]
Saturday, July 28, 2012
- El Azim near the Israeli city of Ma'aleh Adumim: An Arab driver and his passenger deliberately crash their vehicle into an IDF checkpost at in an attempt to crush a ranking officer of the Border Police. The officer opens fire on the attackers, mortally injuring the driver who dies of his injuries soon after. The second terrorist is injured and a Border Police officer also suffers injuries. Both are evacuated to Hadassah Ein Karem Medical Center in Jerusalem.
- During the Sabbath, there are rocket attacks from Gaza: one strikes Zikim, four crash into the land between Sderot and the security fence separating the Gaza Strip from Israel; one crashes close to Nir Oz and one north of Re'im
Sunday, July 29, 2012
- Between Beit Hagai and Kiryat Arba: Arabs carry out a rock attack an Israeli driver in his moving vehicle
Monday, July 30, 2012
- North of Kiryat Arba at Bet Anun Junction: Arabs carry out yet another rock attack on Israeli civilian vehicles causing property damage
- Near Kiryat Arba: An Israeli tour bus comes under rock attack by Palestinian Arabs – the windshield is shattered
The Tayar Security Report is compiled by Yehudit Tayar based on inputs from the Hatzalah Yehudah and Shomron organization, cleared and confirmed by the IDF.
I visited Hevron in November 2000 after the outbreak of the Rosh Hashanah War to see what could be done to assist in the face of the growing daily attacks on the community. After returning to work for the community in the summer of 2001, a bond and a love was forged that grows to this day. My wife Melody and I merited to be married at Ma'arat HaMachpela and now host visitors from throughout the world every Shabbat as well as during the week. Our goal, "Time to come Home!"