Thursday, April 19, 2012

The sirens wailed ...

Jerusalem residents pause during a
two-minute siren in memory of victims
of the Holocaust on Thursday
(photo by: Avishag Shar Yashuv/Flash90)
Melody..
LOTL..
19 April '12..

Today I had an epiphany. The sirens wailed and as I stood in silence, just as most Jews in Israel stand, I thought, "How do I remember those whom I never knew?" You can only remember things that you were once familiar with but I never knew great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins so, how can I remember them? As the wailing continued and tears formed in my eyes - well, that's when my epiphany occurred. My remembrance to those that I love and never knew is my life. I am here in Israel, living the life that they dreamed of; the life that they remembered with L'shona Habbah b'Yerushalayim - Next Year in Jerusalem. So, to those who lived before me and were murdered because they were Jews, I promise that I will always remember you and NEVER FORGET.



Updates throughout the day at http://calevbenyefuneh.blogspot.com. If you enjoy "Love of the Land", please be a subscriber. Just put your email address in the "Subscribe" box on the upper right-hand corner of the page.Twitter updates at LoveoftheLand
.   

No comments:

Post a Comment