Monday, September 6, 2010

Oslo 3 - The Deja-Vu Terror War


Jameel
The Muqata
05 September '10


This evening brought back all sorts of horrible memories.

I was talking on the phone to a cousin, when the Magen David Adom emergency dispatcher put out a priority message on my United Hatzala radio.

"First Responders: A terror attack has taken place on road 55, with people wounded by gunshot..."

1. Hang up the phone.
2. Make sure the kids stay in the house.
3. Notify dispatcher that I was responding.
4. Run out of the house to my car, turn on my flashing red strobe, drive in direction of the wounded.
5. Call my wife, tell her to stay off the road (she was driving home)
6. Responders all informing dispatcher they were on their way
7. I say I'll be there in 30 seconds...cars get out of my way.
8. Arrive at the scene -- no car, no wounded, I notify the dispatcher.
9. Responders line up car after car, as we put on emergency medical vests and bullet proof vests
10. Close the outgoing gate of our community to prevent additional cars from being on the road.

Conflicting reports reverberate for 15 minutes -- till the car is located at an IDF checkpoint. No wounded, but there is damage to the car.

(Read full post)

If you enjoy "Love of the Land", please be a subscriber. Just put your email address in the "Subscribe" box on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment